Honey is a sweet liquid made by bees and has been used as both food and medicine since ancient times. Honey contains about 70 to 80% sugar, and it has high levels of monosaccharides, fructose, and glucose. It is very high in beneficial plant compounds and offers several health benefits. Honey also has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. It is healthy when used instead of refined sugar, which is 100% empty calories.
Top 10 health benefits of honey have been listed below:
– Honey Contains Some Nutrients
– Honey Is “Less Bad” Than Sugar for Diabetics
– High-Quality Honey Is Rich in Antioxidants
– Honey Also Helps Improve Cholesterol
– It’s antioxidants properties are Linked to Other Beneficial Effects on Heart Health.
– The Antioxidants in It Can Help Lower Blood Pressure
– It’s Delicious, But Still High in Calories and Sugar
– Honey Promotes Burn and Wound Healing
– Honey Can Lower Triglycerides
– Honey Can Help Suppress Coughs in Children